Mercury Retrograde s̶u̶r̶v̶i̶v̶a̶l THRIVAL Guide
- Set your alarm clocks early.
- Leave well ahead of time.
- Have a plan B for transportation ideas.
- Give yourself time to think about things carefully before you speak or act on important stuff.
- If you’re writing anything during this time (e-mails, reports, essays or whatnot), write a first draft (and SAVE IT, often), and give yourself time to RE-READ the final copy before you send it off into the world.
- Don’t be in a hurry to act upon any new ideas; let them ripen in your mind first.
- Answer unanswered e-mails
- De-clutter your inbox or mail bin, and sort other piles of papers gathering dust.
- Have talks which you’ve been putting off.
- Write essays or reports which you’ve procrastinated.
- Read books, reports, e-mails etc. which you’ve put off till later.
- Catch up with old friends, especially if you’ve wondered for a while how they are.
- Take a trip you’ve rain-checked.
- Study (as in, review what you’ve learned), especially if you’re enrolled in any formal education.
- Ponder whatever’s been on your mind lately. You might see new angles you’ve never noticed till now.
- If you’ve failed an exam before, now’s the time to try taking it again!
- Consider your ways of thinking and speaking, and if they’re really working for you. Let go of old ideas that don’t work for you, drop negative or disempowering self-talk, and think about how to speak your truth, and understand/be understood better by others.
- Try meditating—either to quiet your mind or to explore it more, whatever works for you.
- If you don’t need to get your new Cellphone, car or bike right now, then don’t. Postpone till afterwards. Mercury retrogrades are on average about 3 weeks long. Not the end of the world. Use this time to compare prices and research differences between models. Pick it out afterwards. This also applies to the period BEFORE a Mercury retrograde—2 weeks ahead or so, things can already start to get wonky. This is not a rule, but it is an observable astrological trend. Why risk it if you don’t have to?!
- If a vehicle or communication device has been awaiting an upgrade for a while, this is the time when it’s more likely to “remind” you that such an upgrade is really needed. Don’t fight it—it needs upgrading anyway, and if it’s just not functioning how you’d like right now, you might as well…
- If such a device or vehicle DOES break, especially if it’s one of those mysterious “it just won’t work” scenarios, don’t throw it out just yet. Give it up to a month after the Mercury retrograde has passed, and then check it again. You’d be surprised how sometimes these things just “fix themselves” afterwards. Strange, but, true story! Same goes for similarly uncharacteristic malfunctions—if it doesn’t need immediate replacing and you can live without it or borrow a replacement until about a month after the Rx ends, try that. Sometimes it literally seems to “fix itself”. Go figure.
Bella’s been practicing and teaching Western psycho-spiritual Astrology since 2008. She’s known for her caring, intuitive style and practical advice on how to apply Astrology to enrich our self knowledge and personal lives. She believes in celebrating the uniqueness, and enabling the empowerment of every person she comes across, and loves to put Astrology to work helping people to achieve their best potentials.
She’s available for personal readings and workshop facilitation.